Developed to Receive Ultra-Mega Vessels
Capacity: 25,000,000 TEU
Berth Length: 11,070 m
Depth: 18 m
With awareness of the speed at which vessels are growing in size and the continuous development of mega ships which create challenges in respect to the capacity of container terminals, and to cater to cater to the needs of an evolving industry, King Abdullah Port is developing container terminals with an 18 meter depth that feature the largest cranes in the world, with a span of 25 TEUs, and a capacity of 65 tons.
These superstructures, backed up with adequate reefer container storage depending on a self-reliant power supply, in addition to the berths depth and massive storage yards have contributed to efficiently handling ultra-mega vessels with a capacity of over 23,500 TEUs.
A value added, alongside those features is that King Abdullah Port uses the latest technology through a Port Community System (PCS) and a Smart Gate System, which together enhance efficiency, and provide clients with the best logistics industry solutions that positively contribute to economic growth.
The terminals of King Abdullah Port were built to be one of the largest terminal facilities in the world with 24/7 international standardized services, including but not limited to:
- Cargoes discharge
- Short-term quayside storage
- Transfer to medium and long-term storage areas within King Abdullah Port
- Expedited cargo clearance services and processes within 24 hours
- Computerized inventory control
- Massive storage yard
- Land availability for operating PDI facility for RO/RO
- Bonded and re-export zone adjacent to the terminal
- Dedicated gates complex
- Direct access to the main highways